The Supernatural Intervention of God

This weekend was full of some heavy things.


Heavy things require heavy prayer. I recognized the need to approach God’s throne boldly. Did you know we can do that?  


“So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”  ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:16‬ 


Where I struggle (and maybe you do too), is when we have approached God boldly, but He doesn’t give us what we ask. He doesn’t heal our loved one. He doesn’t fix that broken relationship. Those things challenge our faith. Well, what’s most difficult to understand is that God sees the picture and knows what we need more than we do. Sometimes His mercy is what we thought it would be, and other times it looks totally different than we ever imagined. 


Nevertheless, we can still be confident in our prayers while we pray for big things. Something I have found myself saying out loud is, “I anticipate the inevitable supernatural intervention of God.”


That simply means, I expect a miracle.


Anybody out there needing a miracle right now? It’s okay to boldly ask for it, believing that God can do it. Even asking shows you have faith in Him. Sometimes situations look beyond hope. Five and a half years ago, I saw my son dying. It was improbable he would live, yet still, I asked. I approached the throne boldly asking for God to change His mind. Though I was bold in my request, I knew that regardless of how God chose to handle the situation, He loved me, and He would take care of me and my family no matter what.


What will you boldly bring before the throne today?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper