Our Arrogant Assumption

“Procrastination is the arrogant assumption that God owes you another opportunity to do what you had time to do.”


Some of you may have seen that on my timeline yesterday. When I first read that, it was like an arrow right between my eyes! Oh man! That hurt. I am the BIGGEST procrastinator ever! Reading that statement made me feel like all those times I don’t do what I’m supposed to do (what He has called me to do), is a slap in God’s face. 


That hurts my heart.


I am keenly aware during this season of life, that tomorrow is not guaranteed. We have no idea if we will get another chance to tell that person we love them, forgive or accept forgiveness, tell someone about Jesus, show that person kindness, give something of ourselves (that we probably won’t miss anyway), spend time with someone who needs a friend, make that phone call, etc. I have procrastinated on every level.


I don’t know about you, but procrastination causes me a ton of stress...way more than it would have just doing it.


“If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them..” James 4:17


Oh my goodness! That is strong. Then there is Luke 12:40 “You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”


I know I can’t be alone in this struggle, right? Thank God for his mercy, or we would all be in trouble. I am grateful that The Creator knows our innermost being, and continues to show grace. I am grateful, but I want to do better. 


Whose with me?


“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper