Shattered Dreams

As we approach September 8, the day when everything changed for Isaiah and our family, life has become clearer.
 

My original plan was to have our book released tomorrow, on the anniversary. A poetic notion, right? Well, things didn’t go as planned, and it didn’t work out that way. Once I knew it wouldn’t happen, I was disappointed. Then I remembered that I believe in God’s perfect timing. God knew it wouldn’t happen on that day. He already had plans for it.


Now that I’ve had time to reflect, I needed this time. If I were in the middle of a book release, I wouldn’t be clear to see and hear all God needed to teach me before it was released. 


I am learning so much.


I think back to almost six years ago when I drove past the middle school football field, where I saw a field full of orange jerseys. The players━Isaiah’s teammates were healthy and strong, running plays on the field, preparing for a game. I sobbed. It wasn’t fair. They got to live out my son’s dream━my dreams for my son, while he sat at home, only able to use half of his body well.


Shattered dreams.


The thing about shattered dreams is that sometimes they open us up to new possibilities. How do we get to the wealth found in an actual piggy bank? We break that bank open. God had a whole new life waiting for Isaiah and our family. It was vital that we change direction to live out the calling He had on our lives. I must say, it’s beautiful. Not easy, but truly beautiful. 


I know you too are disappointed about something, I know you have shattered dreams, but I want to remind you:


God’s timing is perfect. Often He says “no” or removes something from our lives because He has something better for us than we can come up with ourselves. But we usually think we know better, and we meddle. We force things that were never meant to be, messing them up to the point God has to take time to fix our mess. Sometimes it’s someone else who shatters our dreams. But God is big enough to redeem those too.


Be encourage friends. He is for you.


“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:19‬ ‭

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper