My secret

I’m gonna let you in on a little secret.

As optimistic as I am about what God is doing in all of this, I still have moments of extreme stress. Not fear, but stress. I think it may be that feeling that comes with being completely out of control and having no idea what is going to happen next, considering the “what ifs,” and "what the heck am I going to do about the kids?!"

Monday morning I received an alert from my watch that told me my heart rate rose above 120 BPM while lying in bed. I was freaking out and didn’t even realize it. It not only alerted me to what was going on in my heart. . . but what was going on in my heart. Does anyone else out there who trusts God identify with that? God understands. He created us. He knows there will be moments, or even longer periods of time where we struggle. The important thing is that we get out of our own heads and remember He is who He says He is. He will do what He says He will do.

He said that He would always be with us.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9

When I go back to His word and what He tells me about himself, it brings me back to a place of peace. That’s why it’s important to meditate on His words that saturated my heart so that I am able to find peace just as quickly as I lost it.

I’m going to lose it again, and that’s normal. It’s also okay. It’s okay to feel those things. However, it is important not to stay in that place. God will continue to bring me back to a place of remembrance. That place where I remember who He is and that I can trust Him. It doesn’t matter what He’s going to do, because I can trust him. I don’t need to know the next step, because I can trust Him.

I can trust Him. So can you.

I may be sitting in a corner rocking back and forth for a minute or two repeating that phrase, but as long as I get up, and act upon those words, I’ll be okay. ;)

I’m guessing I’m not the only one who needs that reminder each day. I want you to know that you are not alone, and together we can get up and rise to this occasion that is in front of us. We’ve got this. He’s got this.

We can do this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper