The Why

There is a member of my family who often makes decisions, to which I usually ask “Why?” They often respond, “There’s no reason, it’s just what I want to do.” I generally get aggravated and explain that there is a reason for EVERYTHING so figure it out!

When something is going on, when someone has done something, when circumstances change, we often ask why. Have you ever thought of asking why again, and again, then again, until you get to the very root of why whatever it is happened?

There is always a root cause, and it’s usually far from what it appears to be. In this fallen world, the root cause tends to be spiritual. There is a war being fought that we cannot see.

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (Ephesians 6:12)

It’s important to see beyond what is obvious and rise above it. Knowing what we’re up against is the only way to win. How do we do that? We armor up!

“Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (Ephesians 6:11)

I’ve noticed that when I feel confused about life and wonder, “Why is this happening? How the heck did I get here?” It’s often because I haven’t kept myself connected to my Creator. I’ve allowed myself to get distracted and distant. Staying in constant communication with God by talking to Him, reading, and learning His word is the key to winning this crazy battle we find ourselves in these days.

That’s the armor.

If you’ve never worn it before, now is the time to put it on and fight.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper