Seeing the good.

"Being positive isn't pretending that everything is good — it's seeing the good in everything." 


I’ve learned many lessons from my son, about having a positive outlook on life. Here are a few examples from Isaiah of how we can look at our circumstances through a different kind of lens. 




Life: I’m going to cause an explosion in your brain, wreak havoc, then leave you with a giant scar on your head.
Isaiah: Thanks for the reminder that God still has plans for me.


Life: I'm taking away the use of your right arm.
Isaiah: At least I can use one! 

Life: You can't see from the right side.
Isaiah: I guess I'll just have to turn my head around and look harder. 

Life: I'm going to make everything much more difficult.
Isaiah: Thank God I'm alive and have the opportunity to work hard. 

Life: You can’t walk like everyone else.
Isaiah: Well then I’ll dance!

  
It's up to you to decide which lens you will look through. Your thoughts and your words can change everything.   

“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” -Proverbs 18:21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper