What Do You Believe?

“Know your beliefs. Understand them. Devote yourself to them. Then take all of that and make it you ambition to be part of a loving community, and you will live well”. -Bob Goff

Many of us know our beliefs, but do we understand them? I’ve found in the past that there were things I believed for years. I would stand up for them, argue over them, lose sleep over them. . . but when I really examined my heart, and why I believed what I did, I realized I didn’t truly believe those things.


Often times, they were beliefs that were passed down. Some were traditions taught by men in a church building, passed off as biblical truth. Others were based on experiences in my life that created biases I wasn’t even aware of.


When we are able to examine our heart through the lens of Christ, then devote ourselves to being part of a loving community, we will see and experience change.

“But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.” -1 Peter‬ ‭3:15-16‬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper