Why do we only grieve for some of God's children?

Let me warn you. This is going to be a tough one to swallow, and I know I might lose some of you through this.


Throughout this crisis, I have been transparent with you about my feelings as a woman of color, so I’m not going to stop now. 


This may be surprising and difficult to hear, but you can feel you love a person of color, yet still be prejudice (pre-judge). You can have a best friend who is black, or a coworker you get along with really well, yet still be prejudice. 


I know. . . Ouch.


There are some in my life, who love me deeply, call me sister, yet still struggle to love others who look like me.  


I am aware that I am a more palatable type of human for some people. 


I am aware.


I feel burdened to share, I am feeling deep pain over posts and comments from brothers and sisters in Christ, who although they have not been moved enough to speak out on the tragedy of the murder of a black man at the hands of an evil man, feel moved to speak out about the riots and looting going on. Or maybe simply share what they feel is good information from a person who is well known, but at the heart of their message, only speaks to further their own agenda. Please understand, I do not support the destructive activity happening throughout our country. Though I understand the pain, I am deeply grieved by it, and wish it was expressed differently. 


Why do we only grieve for some of God’s children?


This is not a political issue. I repeat, this is not a political issue. It is a sin issue. It is a tool used by Satan to distract us from the heart of the matter and divide the HUMAN race. Why are so many of us allowing ourselves to further Satan’s agenda?  


We have already been warned.  “Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8


Ephesians 6:11 says, “Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.” How else can we stand against the evil he is perpetrating throughout our country right now?



This is the time to align ourselves with Jesus, not a party. Align ourselves with the one who demonstrated unconditional love for even the “least of the these.” Matthew 25:40


If we love Jesus, we must love His children.


Remember the song we learned when we were little? “Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.”


He doesn’t stop loving them when they grow up. He doesn’t stop viewing them as precious because they can’t fit on his lap. . . and neither should we.


“Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.” Romans 12:15-17

 

Let’s drop everything, and love each other.

 

Thank you for being here today. If would love to hear from you, and I invite you to be a part of this conversation. Please comment below.  If there is anything I have shared that you believe others can benefit from, please share with as many people as you can. I love making this journey with you.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper