I Know He CAN, But WILL He?

I know I’m not alone when I say that I often struggle with the question, “I know God can, but will He?”


It’s ultimately a trust issue. The truth is, I wonder if He is going to do what I feel is best for me. Will He do what I want Him to do? Well, there are some things that He has told us in his word, that really should cover it all.

First of all, “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” -Numbers 23:19

We can believe He will do what He says He will do.

He loves us and wants the best for us. We can believe He will never leave or forsake us.

“The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”Psalm 121:7-8

There are things that do not happen the way we had hoped or planned. We often think we “know” the exact outcome that will make us feel happy, or complete, or satisfied. Then, it doesn’t happen, and we feel like maybe God doesn’t love us the way He said He did. Maybe we are being punished for that thing we did. . . or didn’t do. Well, I don’t believe God works like that, but I do believe that more times than not, those disappointments are God’s protection.

He sees the overall picture. He has known our future since before we were born and knows the best path to take. He said that He would guide us, and the only way that works out is if we believe Him. Trust Him.

It’s not enough to just believe IN Him. We must BELIEVE Him.

Sometimes people don’t act and respond in situations the way we think they should. However, if we trust God, then we trust that He will work those things out and handle those people. We may not get a chance to see how He does it, but it’s important to step back and allow Him to work. Too often we get in the way and mess things up. We can even choose to walk away from a battle (conversation/situation), because God may be the only one who is truly able to fight for us and fix that person or situation. Sometimes WE are the ones who get fixed.

Pray, and then LET HIM.

I recently had a situation in which my mind ran amok. I misunderstood a situation, and because I felt the need to control it, ran all kinds of scenarios through my head. I was going to get ahead of it. I was going to “handle” it, but then I saw my potential for messing up something that may have been perfectly fine. It took me about five days to remember that I could trust God with it, so I surrendered, telling Him out loud that I was giving it to Him.

I recognized that even if my worst fears were true, I could trust Him to work behind the scenes and fix it. I chose to believe Him when He said that He would handle things. I mean, why would He lie? Once I truly let it go, I felt peace and didn’t think much about it until the next day when He showed me that He was indeed handling it. For once I was allowing Him to work without interference, and He was working fast!

Today I challenge you to trust God with your most frustrating issues, your scariest situations, and even with the completely unknown.

Believe Him. He’s got you.

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” -Isaiah 43:2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper