Like a Thief in The Night

As I traveled over the weekend, looking out over a kingdom of clouds, I was reminded that this world is not my home. I remembered who it is I belong to, and owe my allegiance to. I was so touched by the scene outside of the window, I recorded it so I could reflect on it later.

When I leave this place, it’s important that I am ready to answer for the actions and the time I spent here on earth. Tomorrow is not promised, so let’s stop a moment and consider all that is going on in our country and world. What is our part in it? If Jesus came right this minute, would you be ready?


What would you be looking at?
What would you be saying?
How did you just treat that family member? That friend? That guy in the other car? That person on Facebook?
Who have you helped?
Who have you loved?
Did you choose love over pride? (1 Corinthians 16:14)
Have you given your life to Jesus?

Friends, it’s time to take a good hard look at our lives and who or what we have placed in the center of them. I don’t know when Jesus will be back, but I know the time is more near than it has ever been.

Are you ready?

“Now concerning how and when all this will happen, dear brothers and sisters, we don’t really need to write you. For you know quite well that the day of the Lord’s return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night.

When people are saying, “Everything is peaceful and secure,” then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman’s labor pains begin. And there will be no escape.

But you aren’t in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won’t be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief. For you are all children of the light and of the day; we don’t belong to darkness and night. So be on your guard, not asleep like the others.

Stay alert and be clearheaded. Night is the time when people sleep and drinkers get drunk. But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation.

For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. Christ died for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when he returns, we can live with him forever. So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” - Corinthians 16:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper