Whose Plan?

It is rare for things to go exactly the way I’ve planned them.
In fact, 99% of the time, something goes wrong in my plans. I’ve come to believe it’s the Lord’s way of keeping me humble. The times when life goes the smoothest is when I’ve let Him lead my steps. I very often forget to pray before planning or making decisions, and sometimes feel silly asking Him to help me make even the smallest decisions. However, I’ve learned, because He loves us, God wants to be invited to be present in every part of our lives. He created us in order to have a relationship with us.

“This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow.” -‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭48:17‬ ‭

If we ask, He will show us.

Have you noticed that almost nothing has gone according to plan this year? I’ve heard many people talk about how 2020 was supposed to be a year of perfect vision, and how that plan blew up in our faces…

But did it really?

Are we not seeing things so much more clearly, now that we’ve been forced to stop, and given time to reflect? I think 2020 has gone exactly the way it needed to, in order for us to see some things we were too busy to see before. This year has given us time to meet with the planner. He holds the perfect plan in His hands, and He will establish our steps (Proverbs 16:9)

“For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to him. Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will find the right way to go.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭2:6-9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper