Beauty for Ashes

The other day I was having a conversation with a friend about things going on in our country. She expressed strong feelings about various people that could be part of the problem. Although I tend to have strong feelings about people and situations as well, I do my best to look at the whole picture. However, I cannot see every piece of the puzzle as God can. There is so much He allows to happen, good and bad. Romans 8:28 says that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord. This means that even through bad situations, good can come. Sometimes we see it right away, sometimes things become obvious later, and sometimes we never know. I choose to trust that God is sovereign, and He can make all things work for good even if I don't get to see what that good is.


Even through the racial and political unrest that is happening, I am grateful. Many of us have been apathetic for too long. What's happening is exceedingly difficult and has brought a lot of pain. However, I truly believe through these labor pains and sacrifices of so many, our country will give birth to a beautiful new generation. Sometimes you must walk through darkness in order to reach the light.
I could see that theme throughout the time our family journeyed through my son Isaiah’s struggles. I could even see it the night he almost died. If we hadn't been there, the families in the adjacent waiting room, would not have been ministered to that night. If we had not still been in that hospital the following week, the single mom wearing shoes two sizes too small, there with a very sick daughter, would not have received the clothes and shoes she needed. If we had not gone through such a trial, I would not be sitting here right now, doing my best to bring words of hope and encouragement to you.
Not one of us desires to go through difficult things, but when you set your eyes on Christ your lenses tend to change, revealing the beauty for ashes.

“To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭61:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper