ELECTION 2020 Comedy or Tragedy

Let’s discuss the elephant in the room.


All right, let’s keep it real. It was a tsunami trying to disguise itself as a political debate. Last night my husband decided to watch it. He usually does. I never do. Those things stress me out! I sat on the couch a little too long and the “show” began. My youngest daughter looked at me, noticing I was visibly uncomfortable, and said, “Mom you can do it! Sit and watch it with us.”


Okay, I’ll sit with my family for a little bit, I thought.


It started immediately. The bickering, the insults, the kind of behavior that is almost unbearable to watch. It’s like when you’re at a store and your kids start acting up, embarrassing you in front of everyone, and you threaten to throat punch them if they don’t stop!


That’s how it felt.


It took about seven minutes before I got up and left the room. I went upstairs to do some work. Then, I heard my husband and daughter laughing hysterically. I didn’t want to miss out, so I went to HULU, and began to watch again. Another five minutes, and I had a headache, a slight tremor, and I’m pretty sure my blood pressure went up several notches.


I had to shut it off.


I felt the anxiety overwhelm every part of my body. I thought to myself, “What is going to happen to this country? Everything is not okay. It’s never going to be okay again.” Soon after my fretting began, I felt the Lord give me a gentle reminder that nothing has changed. He is still on His throne.


The Lord is still on his throne.


I smiled, took a deep breath, and began to pray. I asked Him to give me and all those who trust in Him, peace. I asked Him to continue reminding us that it doesn’t matter what happens November 3rd, because He is the same today, as He was yesterday, as He will be tomorrow. He will uphold us with His righteous hand (Isaiah 41:10)


If you feel anxious today, stop and pray. Ask for wisdom. Ask for courage. Ask for strength. Trust Him to do the rest.


“...When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:1-2


He’s got this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper