Who Do You Think You Are?

As I work to live out my calling, the evil one continues to whisper in my ear. “Who do you think you are?” “You’re not good enough or smart enough for anyone else to listen to.” “No one is going to help you.” All of the feelings of doubt flood my heart, but I continue to armor up and fight for the truth about who God created me to be.

I know that I am nobody. I don’t think that I am special. However, I know that my God is everything, and He lives in me!

That is enough. That is what makes me who I am. That is what qualifies me.
I am living for the world to see Jesus. I am not perfect, and I’m sure there are and will be times that what I do or say may not represent Him, but my strong desire is to lead others to a place of peace, hope, and unspeakable joy!


I know I am not the only one who struggles with standing confident in who God has called me to be. I have seen posts and had conversations with friends who struggle with this same kind of self-doubt. We hear the voices of the enemy, of the “haters,” of those who doubt their own calling, so they bring us along for company.

Don’t go there.

You know, or at least knew at one time that you’ve been called. I know that you’ve been called, because He has called every one of us for jobs only suited for the one He has called to do it. Did you get that?

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10

Sometimes we are the ones not supporting and encouraging someone else in their calling because we are thinking, “Who do they think they are?” “They are not any more special than I am!” That my friend, is also the voice of the enemy.

Shining a light on another person will not make your light shine any less bright. Let’s encourage and lift each other up as we aim for the same goal of Heaven.

May you hear God’s voice clearly as He guides you through what He’s called you to do...with confidence.

“He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.” -‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:16‬ ‭

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper