I Don't Belong Here

I’ve been feeling some sort of way lately.


Yesterday I talked about enduring without action. Later in the day, my sister-friend shared a beautiful message and sermon about our place on this earth with me.


I cried as I listened, because it finally explained what I’ve been feeling for a while. 


This world is not my home.


I am very aware of where my citizenship truly is. I want to go home. I want to be with Jesus. Those who know me well, know that I am not attached to this place, and if Jesus took me today I would be grateful.


That’s not to say I don’t find joy in each day, because I do. It doesn’t mean I don’t love my family or my friends, and I am certainly not asking for death. I just know, there is no situation in life I can think of, that could be better than Heaven.


The problem with that is sometimes I feel like I’ve got my bags packed and I’m waiting by the door. That’s not the right way to be. God has placed each one of us here for a purpose. Though I know where my final home will be, this is where I live now, and it’s important that I fully engage in the work that God has called me to do here. That means to love the very best I can, to help whenever it is possible, and to share all that our Creator is teaching me each day.


Maybe that describes someone out there other than me. This is not the easiest time to live on earth, but we must make the very best of it.


“Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy. I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.” ‭‭John‬ ‭17:13-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬ (Jesus)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper