Stay Strong

I know how anxious we all are to get 2020 behind us.


But friends here’s the thing... 2021 may be more of the same. When I consider that we may have the same, or even more trials, I’ll be honest… I feel a twinge of despair. 


Do you feel it too? 


I think it’s okay to feel less than desirable emotions. It’s important to acknowledge them, but we cannot stay in that place. When I feel like that, I very quickly remind myself that God is still good, and He is still on His throne. That will never change.


I have shared this message more than a few times, but today, I feel it’s important to say it again.


God is good. He is the same today, as He was yesterday, and will be tomorrow. Remember that He sees the big picture, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28


Hold on to that.


Whenever I feel even a moment of despair, I think back to how once, I trusted Him with my son’s life. Though I begged God to save Isaiah’s life, I knew that if he died, we would still be okay, and that God would remain good.  I trusted Him to choose the best outcome for my good and His glory. 


You can do that too. 


We can choose to trust Him regardless of who is president, how long Covid lasts, who lives, who dies, through civil unrest, and anything we may face from day to day.


Stay strong my friends. We can do this together, with help of the One who created us and lives inside of us today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper