Life Goes On

As I drove home from a wedding the other night, I reflected on the feeling I had throughout the celebration, that something was off. It was a day when our country received news that changed history. There was so much going on in the world around us, yet there we were focused on and celebrating a beautiful couple, beginning their new lives together. 

Life continues on.


We get so caught up in the temporary, that we often forget to stop and celebrate life. Births, weddings, graduations, baptisms, life accomplishments.


I know I know I know. You are feeling so many feelings right now. I am too. For the sake of unity, I will not share all of my thoughts and feelings in this current climate. I often have a great desire to lament over who has been offensive, and who I believe is wrong, or crazy, or misguided. I want to exercise my right to tell you why I am right and they are wrong, but I know, in this space, it is just not helpful. However, I will share the feeling that I have today, and have continued to carry with me throughout this difficult season. 


I have an incredible amount of hope, and so should you. Remember, hope cannot be found in any human on earth. So to hold any person up as such, that one is willing to cast friends and family aside, is an absolute shame, and against all that God teaches in His word. 


No matter what we are going through, no matter what may come, we can find hope in Jesus. Even if you feel you have nothing else, that is one thing you can always hold on to. Hope is what keeps alive.


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” ‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬


I hope you choose to place your hope in Him. I hope you choose those you love, over those you don’t even personally know. I hope you choose peace over being right, and I hope you choose to love over anything else.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper