STOP IT!

I’m not even sure where to start today.

I am disappointed, perplexed, flabbergasted, overwhelmed… by the behavior of so many who claim the name of Jesus. The fighting, the threatening, the belittling is out of control.


Consider this post, me, standing on a chair in the middle of this social media room screaming….


STOOOOOPPPP!!!


I want to remind you of the enemy we have out there. His purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). When participating in these “discussions” we willingly contribute to a plot to divide the church. I get it. Sometimes it’s quite literally painful not to respond when someone says something that offends you, angers you, or is just plain stupid in your mind... or maybe that’s just me.


“Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult.” Proverbs 12:16


We are often concerned about our rights being violated, or freedoms being taken away, but we must stop and think about what we are fighting for or against when speaking to a brother or sister. Is it truly that important, or does it make us feel better about carrying the title of “Christian” to act as if it is?


I can admit that in the past I have found myself fighting for things that checked the “Christianity” box.  I didn’t sincerely care about them as much as I fought like I did. Can you identify?


We have the right to say or share whatever we want, but is it helping further the Kingdom. Really? What fruit has come from that “informational” post or conversation?


“For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.” ‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:13‬ 


Who are we truly serving? When we choose our own feelings, our own rights, our pride to tear others down, or prove them wrong, I believe we become an embarrassment to our Creator and who He has called us to be. We are using His name in vain. 


“Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4


It’s time to do better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper