A gift for you

This morning I would like to give you a gift.


Yesterday, I was “struck” with a great deal of hope. Has that ever happened to you? All of a sudden your eyes are opened and you feel overwhelmed with hope? Mine was a renewed sense of hope for our world and our country. 


We have dealt with various struggles over this past year that were new to us. I’ll be perfectly transparent with you. . . I have had moments of despair. Just moments though, because as quick as they came, I was reminded that God has never and will never leave us. I believe with my whole heart that He goes before us each day. I believe He has a plan and that each of us has a place in it, if we choose to accept it. We’re going to be okay. Things may not be as we have desired, but we will be okay.


There have been times this year I have lost hope in myself, but I’ve had various people, even some of you, who believed in me so much, that it’s helped me find it again. If no one has encouraged you in a way that has given you such a thing, then let me be the first to let you know. . . 


I have hope in you.


I don’t need to know you personally to have hope in you. What I know is that you are a beautiful creation of God and He has a specific plan for you. Jeremiah 29:11 isn’t just for me. It’s for you too. If you have had difficulty grasping that kind of hope, if you just can’t find it, then please trust me. There is hope. Hold on to mine. I have enough for each of us.


It doesn’t matter what has happened. It doesn’t matter what the future appears to be. You are fully loved by your Creator, covered by His grace if you choose to accept it, and that is enough. Hold on to that, then pass it on. 


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” -‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper