Gratitude

 


Yesterday was my birthday. 


It was one of the most joyful birthdays I’ve had. I didn’t get a ton of presents. I didn’t have a huge party. I worked most of the day, but I also spent the day in gratitude. I didn’t focus on the things I wish I had. I focused on the love of my family and friends who took the time to share meaningful messages with me. I am grateful to be able to give and receive love. That’s what matters. I am rich in love. Thank you to all as he took the time to make me feel special with your words. 


As I focus on gratitude, I’d like to share some quotes I found that put it into perspective.


“At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer


“Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” – Anonymous


“Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette


“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie


“Happiness cannot be traveled to owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley


“Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” – Karl Barth


“No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” – Alfred North Whitehead


Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.” – Edwin Arlington Robinson


"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – Gilbert C. Chesterton


"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson



“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” -‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:18‬ ‭


“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.” -‭‭Psalms‬ ‭107:1‬ 



What are you thankful for today?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper