Let God be God

Do you ever feel like nothing you are doing is making a difference, and you feel like giving up? You’ve put everything you’ve got, into a project, a relationship, your children, a dream...and it feels pointless?


Though in my head I know it’s not my responsibility to change the world or even just one person, my heart tells me something different. Sometimes, it’s not the world, but a member of my family, or a close friend. 


Thinking about what I just said, I realize I’ve often made it about me. It’s not about me! God has put specific tasks in front of each one of us. It’s our job to be obedient, doing what He has asked us to do. God is the one with the responsibility of changing hearts. I do not need to carry that burden, and either do you.


I must assume that behind the scenes, He is working things out. He is changing hearts. He is working it all for good. Believing that and trusting Him, takes the pressure off. Our biggest job here, is to love each other. Yeah, there is a lot involved in that, but before trying to handle it all, we’ve got to stop and pray. Ask for wisdom. Ask for God to show us when to move, and when to be still, then trust Him, even when it’s scary, and we can’t figure out how in the world He could possibly make it work.


I’m going to start my day, by letting God be God. How about you?


“And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.” -‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36:26‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper