My Confession

 Every morning I come here doing my best to encourage you, sharing various things God is teaching me.

It’s always interesting when I find myself struggling with the very things I encourage others through. For the last couple of weeks I have been paralyzed by anxiety. Not the kind of paralysis that is noticeable to others, but that which continues to affect my days and nights. There are many things I have found myself avoiding because they overwhelmed me. Decisions to be made I secretly hope make themselves. 


Taking time to find the root of the problem, I realize I haven’t been talking to God. Well, I mean, I do talk to Him. I petition Him daily with requests for friends and family, anything that someone asks me to pray for, as well as words of thanks, but I haven’t entrusted everything to Him. I’ve been holding my breath, hoping it will all magically resolve itself, and haven’t bothered to have a real conversation with the One who knows my every thought and need. I haven’t taken time to lay out my worries and fears in front of Him. The very thing I remind you all to do each day, I haven’t done.


I know I can take anything to Him. Deadlines, financial needs, the fact I need to work out and eat right, the pain in my foot, that project I need to finish, my marriage, my kids, extended family issues. . . shall I go on? So my message today is a confession and a request. I need prayer. I need wisdom. I need a swift kick and some motivation to do what I’ve been called to do. He cares about all of it.


I am sharing this with you because I know I am not alone. I know that many of you share the same struggles, so I am bringing them into the light, so that they no longer have power over me. I hope you can do the same. Not one of us is immune to these issues, even those of us who help others through the same things.


“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Tomorrow is a new day. :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper