Taking Time

Good morning friends. I pray you all had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones. I enjoyed being with my family. 


Because I always try to be transparent with you, I will go ahead and let you know that I’ve been struggling a bit. It’s not because of anything specific, but I’ve been dealing with depression that I didn’t even recognize until a few days ago. For those of you who have dealt with that, you know that it can sneak up on you. As a Christ-follower it can be difficult because I haven’t stopped believing or trusting in God. I still hold on to His promises, which makes it hard to understand why I feel this way. However, I do know something inside of me is just off-balance. 


That’s a little hard for me to admit because I have always been a pretty balanced person. I always like to be in a position to help others. However, I am prone to the same struggles as everyone else. This has been a particularly draining year, and I need to take quiet time for God to do maintenance in my life. I’m going to take this week to allow for that. 


I know you will pray for me as so many of you have done in the past. Believe me… I feel those prayers. They make a difference, so thank you. If you are struggling with the same thing, and I bet a number of you are, reach out for help. You do not have to continue living in darkness.


May God bless you. I’ll be back soon.


“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper