Who Are You Trying to Impress?

Oh my goodness! Seeking the approval of other humans has been messing us up since the beginning of time. 

It starts when we are very young. If we don’t get what we need, it can be something we seek excessively. It can carry over into adulthood, presenting as very unhealthy habits. 

Sometimes we get ourselves in trouble because we’ve tried to impress others. Maybe it’s more house than we can afford, a less than authentic social media profile, gossiping about someone, doing something we’d never do if others weren’t watching... the list goes on and on. 

How would we live if no one was watching? We should be living for an audience of one.

“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.” -‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper