Bernie

It’s been such a heavy week, so I want to lighten things up a bit. 


Something amazing happened last night. If you were here yesterday, you may have read my post about unity. Unity doesn’t mean we agree on everything, but as we learned, it is a oneness of purpose.


Last night, I was moved by something that happened on my personal timeline. 


I wrote, “I think we can all agree that Bernie Sanders is the first step in the unification of our people.” (If you are confused about this statement, please google Bernie Sanders Memes)


For the first time in a while, I saw my very diverse group of friends come together under that post. I saw so much joy, as Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, etc. came together with one common goal… To laugh! As silly as it sounds, I literally teared up as different people contributed to the party with Bernie meme after meme.


It was the best thing.


I believe that’s what was, and is happening all over the country right now. Unity. Unity over silly memes, at the expense of a man and his gloves, who was just trying to stay warm during an outdoor ceremony. 


It was silly, but it is a great example of how different people, with different opinions, and different memberships can have a oneness of purpose, even if it is just laughter.


God bless Bernie Sanders and his gloves.😉



“We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, “What amazing things the Lord has done for them.” Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us! What joy!” Psalms‬ ‭126:2-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper