Hindsight is 2020

Before I jump into the obligatory first of the year post, I want to say THANK YOU. 


I felt your thoughts and prayers over this past week. I feel so much better today, which is perfect timing because it’s a new year!


At the beginning of 2020, we were on fire, weren’t we? We just knew it was THE year. All our dreams would come true. We’d finally lose that weight, get that job, finish that project, find our person, be free of that person, travel everywhere... The world was our oyster! 


Well, it didn’t exactly go the way most of us had hoped, but I don’t want to look back and think about how horrible it was, because really, was it?


If I look back through each day of the year, the good far outweighed the bad. I bet you would find the same.


Have you seen that match.com commercial where Satan and 2020 hook up and become the perfect match? It’s humorous. My first thought was, “Oh yeah that’s a match made in... Well, not Heaven. We can all agree, some really difficult things happened over the past year, but are we really going to credit Satan with all of it? He doesn't deserve that much attention. Difficulties happen. Remember the scripture “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.” ‭‭James‬ ‭1:2‬ NLT


We’ve heard it a million times, but have we really taken time to consider all that means?


I don’t believe God creates chaos, struggle, or tragedy. However, I do believe he allows them. It is our choice as to whether we wallow in self-pity or consider it an opportunity to learn and grow.


As we move forward in a new year, I choose to revere 2020 with gratitude. Instead of longing for things to be different, let’s choose to work with what we’ve got. With the help of God, we can re-purpose what 2020 handed us.


Honor who or what has been lost by finding and living your best life. Your best life isn’t what Oprah says it is. It’s what your Creator says it is. “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭16:11‬ ‭


HE will show us.


Last year I heard author and speaker Jo Saxton ask, “What gifts have you left unwrapped? What inheritance have you left unclaimed? Where is God inviting you to rise into your purpose?”


Hindsight is literally 2020 this year. What have you learned? What will you do with your new vision? This year, may we live on purpose, in the joy of God’s presence each and every day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper