Take Them Out Lord!

“Take them out Lord!”


As soon as I said it, I knew it was wrong, but that’s how I felt when I saw the terror that took place in D.C. on Wednesday. I do want the crazy to stop, but if I love the way Jesus has called us to love, I will pray for those people to know Him. If they have the capacity and the energy to hate so much, imagine the good they could do if they knew Jesus. I mean, REALLY knew Jesus. 


God gives me chances to change each day, and I am not better than anyone else. I may have better behavior than some, but God loves us all the same. 


“The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.” ‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:9‬ 


I’ll be honest, that’s really hard to swallow. I tend to think, “But God, those people will. not. shut. up. Are you seriously going to let them keep talking?! Shut them up Lord! Why should those “horrible” people get any more chances?”


My humaneness tells me it’s not fair, but sometimes I’m horrible, and God still gives me chances. In His eyes, a sin is a sin. There are no degrees to it. There are greater consequences to some, but they ALL offend His nature. Sometimes I offend His nature.


Have you ever cried out to the Lord in that way? In Psalm 69:22-28, we see that David did. He felt some of the same things we do today. He mourned over the actions of his enemies, and begged God to “take them out.” 


Ultimately, our prayers should be that all people come to know the peace and love Jesus offers. It should be about honoring God, not personal revenge. We must put aside our own hurt or pride, asking God to reveal any sin in our own lives.


This is the time, this is our chance to humbly... humbly approach the throne of God, and ask Him to open the eyes of our hearts, then make some changes.


If you claim the name of Jesus, yet bear no resemblance to Him, He will not claim you.


“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.” ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:21‬ ‭


Remember, God always wins. I want to be on His side. How about you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper