Take Your Place

The other day I watched the new “Mulan.”


There was a point when one of the characters recognized Mulan was not being her authentic self. She was holding back. Because she was not being her authentic self, she could not come into her full “power.” So, she told Mulan “Take your place.” It gave me chills. I felt like it was a message to me. Christina, be who you are. Take your place. It’s time.


I recognized, not that I haven’t been my authentic self, but that I have held back. I’ve allowed insecurities and fear to keep me from stepping all the way into the place the Lord set aside for me. The very thing I would encourage others through, I still struggle with.


Have you done that? How many of us allow insecurities, the voice of the enemy, the voice of others, or a lack of support, keep us from taking our place in this world? What’s holding you back?


What's your place? Some of you have it figured out. Many of you have no idea what it is. 


Mulan was gifted, but when training was added to that giftedness, when she received the words to empower her, she became victorious over all that was she was fighting for. Like Mulan, even when given a gift, there’s a certain amount of training required. For Christ-followers, training comes in the form of God’s word. Binu Samuel said, “God’s living, breathing, active word must get inside of us… only then will we have what it takes to experience victory.” 


Spending time with the Creator is everything. I am the most confident in my gifts when I immerse myself in Him. God’s word is alive and active. When we devour it, we gain access to His power, we see more clearly, and our gifts come alive. 


“In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.” ‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:6-8‬ 


Now...Take your place.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper