The Lord Establishes Their Steps

Whenever I hear of someone losing a job, I have a strange reaction. I get really excited! I know it means God has something different, yet good planned for them. It was no different when my husband lost his job at the end of last week. Though it was wrong and unfair, it didn’t matter, because there is no doubt God has different plans for him. . . for us. We understand that sometimes in order for God to take us in the direction He wants us to go, our own plans must be terminated. “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.” Proverbs 16:9 It may sound crazy, especially because we are not living in the most stable of times, but we have not had one moment of stress or fear. When I say we trust God. I mean, we trust Him with every part of our lives. The morning after finding out, was one of the happiest days we’ve had in a while. What a gift. I know, we sound like crazy people. My husband loses his job and we celebrate. We are so excited to see what is next. Are we concerned about how we will pay the bills, especially with two kids in college? No, not really. We trust God will provide. We are not different than anyone else. Anyone can grab hold of this kind of peace. Think about something you have truly trusted God with. Because He is God, the almighty, the beginning and end, Jehovah Jireh. . . you can transfer that trust concerning everything else too! It is a choice. “They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭112:7‬ In Friday’s post, I mentioned that I had asked God to draw me nearer to him, and then this happened. I want to make clear, I don’t believe God causes bad things to happen, but He knows they will happen, and allows them to happen, giving us an opportunity to lean into Him and all His goodness. We will continue to pray for the Lord to guide our steps and give us wisdom as we move forward to something new and unknown. We would love for you to continue to pray with us. Blessings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper