Change Me

One thing I know for sure is the past year has required change.


Some of us were ready for it. Some of us were shocked by it. I myself was needing it and needed to see it. 


I desired to be moved and hoped to be changed. Change is inevitable and something that will continue to happen until the day we die. We always have something to learn, and there is always room for change.


To become the best version of ourselves requires work and reflection. It requires each of us to take an honest look at who we are, and who we want to be. . . Not who we want people to think we are.


It’s difficult to know where to start, so the best thing is to ask God about it.


“Search me O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.” Psalms‬ ‭139:23-24‬ 


When we ask God to show us, we need to be ready to accept what He shows us needs to change. That can be very difficult. There are things I have learned about myself in the past year I found to be embarrassing and offensive to even me.


It is easy to get caught up in the various issues plaguing our country today. So many of us have lost sight of who God called us to be. We forgot God created us equal and to treat anyone as anything less than, is sinful.


Romans 12:2-5  says, “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us. Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.”


We can be unified.


My prayer for each person reading this today is that you go to the Creator in prayer, even now, asking where change is required, then be brave enough to begin that transformation through the power of Christ. 


In Jesus’ name, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper