He Determines Our Steps


I don’t know if there’s anything in my life that turned out the way I had planned years ago.


Thank God! I definitely would not have chosen the path that He put me on, but I can’t say I would change anything. Though I did try to go my own way many times.


I don’t think I can count how many times I exercised and used my “free will” as an excuse for disobedience. Have you ever done that? I have literally thanked God for the free will, reminded Him that He gave it to me, then did what I wanted to do. I essentially blamed him for my disobedience.


The gall!


It can be so hard to trust God, because all we can see are all of the circumstances right in front of us, and we worry that if we don’t take immediate action, all will be lost. It’s important for Christ-followers especially, to remember our struggle is not against flesh and blood (Ephesians 6:12), it is spiritual. The battle belongs to the Lord. 


And here’s the thing... God sees EVERYTHING...past, present, and future. He knows the whole story. He knows that He must often rearrange the universe in order for things to line up just perfectly for OUR GOOD and HIS GLORY. We can trust His timing.


So many of us carry baggage that does not allow room to trust anyone, much less a God we can’t see.


But if you look, if you feel, you will find Him everywhere. That feeling you have when you see a beautiful sunrise or sunset. The miracle of a newborn baby. The way our hearts continue to beat without being hooked up to a machine. Just look around. Look in the mirror. He is everywhere. He is everything. 


I’ve been talking about this so much lately, because I think many of us are struggling with it more than ever. So I will keep reminding you, and keep encouraging you until you believe it with your whole heart.


He loves you. You can trust Him.


“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper