Emotions Lie

“God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?”

‭‭Numbers‬ ‭23:19‬ 


We are emotional people. We often make decisions completely based on how we feel. And If we don’t know what the truth is, then all we will ever do is make decisions based on our feelings, and feelings lie.


One thing we need to remember is that everything we think is not true. 


There have been times when I wholeheartedly believed that someone had done something to me, or thought something about me, then reacted emotionally to that belief, just to find out that I was completely wrong. I ended up doing or saying the wrong thing or wasting precious time because I acted on my feelings instead of the truth. God did give us feelings for a reason, but we can’t always count on them. 


Have you ever felt that things would never get better- that you were going to remain in a difficult situation forever? You were sad and upset, believing nothing would ever change, so you gave up hope, and gave in to despair. Maybe you are there today.


It’s not true, but you chose or are choosing to believe the lie of your emotions.  Friends, we have to make the choice to hope in the Lord. To believe in the truth of His word. Yep. It’s a choice. I agree that it’s not always an easy one, but it beats the alternative. I’d rather choose hope, than live day by day making decisions based on feelings that change like the wind. 


We can trust our Creator and what He tells us in his word. 


Isaiah 41:10 says Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 


So, regardless of what you are going through. Regardless of the fact that things may look hopeless, you can choose the truth. You can choose to trust that God will do it. He will get you through because he said He would. So walk through today and each day holding onto and being upheld by His righteous hand.


He cares for you, and He is faithful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper