Attacked!

 


Yesterday, I was attacked. 


It’s a longer story than usual, so I hope you can hang in here with me.


This past weekend I spent time in Georgia and was honored to do some things to serve others, and represent Jesus. I also spent time with my precious Godfamily and heard an excellent sermon from their pastor about how God often allows suffering, even if we live good lives serving the Lord. He explained what a difficult and discouraging week he had, then shared the story of Job and how after so many things had gone wrong in his life, his wife and friends told him to curse God and die. He reminded us that God is always good, even when bad things happen. He reminded us that our pain is never wasted and that sometimes we are allowed to struggle because something in it may teach someone else a lesson. It’s not always about us.


I didn’t feel like it was a message for me because things had been going well. 


HA.


Fast forward to my drive home. I was exhausted and stopped for coffee. Before I got out of the car, I checked my Starbucks app to make sure it was working and was loaded with money. It was ready, so I headed in. As soon as I stepped in, my earring broke and fell to the ground. 


OK, it happens. 


I placed my order, then tapped the Starbucks app to pay. It didn’t work. In fact, none of my apps were working, and I couldn’t dial a phone number. The screen was black. I couldn’t even turn my phone off to reboot. I had to go to my car, get my wallet and pay with a debit card. 


As I pulled out of the parking lot, I figured out I could ask Siri to make a phone call for me, so I called my husband and asked him to look up how to turn my phone off. He found it, explained it to me, and I was able to reboot my phone. Everything went back to normal.


About 36 minutes after leaving, for some reason, I reached for my wallet. I couldn’t find it. I thought maybe it fell between the seats or something, but no. I Googled the Starbucks where I had just been and tapped the phone icon to call. A young man answered. I explained my problem, and he told me no one had turned a wallet in. I pulled off at the next exit and thoroughly searched for my wallet. I couldn’t find it anywhere. 


I had never left my wallet anywhere before!


I looked back to my phone to call Starbucks again and noticed that Escondido, CA, was the last number I had dialed. Escondido?! I had not reached the correct Starbucks in Georgia. I called California! It doesn’t even make sense. I was looking at the exact address when I called. 


When I looked up the correct Starbucks again, I realized that they were closed and had been for 13 minutes. I thought I would try to call anyway. It rang once, then the call dropped. I tried about 1500 more times. Just kidding. I tried three more times, then called my husband, who also tried and experienced the same thing.


Awesome.


I then looked at my gas gauge and realized I would not make it home with that amount of gas. I prayed I would find a gas station that took Apple Pay. Thankfully, the first gas station I came to did indeed take Apple Pay, and I could fill my tank.


I got back in the car. My eyes burned with tears. I knew what was happening. I was under attack. I was angry, but not at God. I shook my head, then began to pray. 


Maybe that sermon was for me after all. 


I thought about what the pastor had shared, so I went to the Lord in prayer and began with praise. I told Him I knew that He was good no matter what, and I would continue to praise Him. I asked Him to protect my family, my wallet, and the little bit of money we have in the bank. I told Him that I trusted Him no matter what and would not let the evil one win. 


I can’t stand him. 


I turned on some praise music and continued down the highway.


I know that what happened within a short portion of my day was nothing compared to some of the things many of you are facing, but the issue is the same. The evil one wants to distract you, frustrate you, and make you curse. Do not allow him to take you there. No matter what is going wrong in your life. It will not be wasted, and sometimes you may go through something for someone else to learn from. It’s not always about us. Remember that God is still good. What we suffer here on earth is temporary, but the glory of God is eternal.



“But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!” ‭‭Job‬ ‭19:25-27‬ 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper