He Factored in Stupidity

 

“When God put a calling on your life, He already factored in your stupidity.”


That is truly one of the best and most comforting quotes I’ve ever read. I don’t know about you, but I feel like I mess up constantly. It is utterly rare for me to do anything even close to perfection. I can only assume God allows my mess-ups to keep me humble and remind me that I need Him.


The enemy uses my imperfections to make me think I am not worthy of any kind of calling on my life. Every time I mess up, I feel like he whispers, “See, that’s why you can’t do this. You’re not good enough, and you will never get it right. Just give up. You’re embarrassing yourself.” Even worse, “You’re embarrassing God.”


Satan is a liar.

I bet others of you out there have heard those exact words in your heads. It makes me angry because I fall for it almost every time. I can’t tell you how many times I have believed those words and given up, walking away from something I was created for. In fact, I’m sure I’m years behind already. But God already knew what my struggles would be, and He factored them in. The same goes for you. In fact, He can use our imperfections for His glory. What a relief!


Yep. We are super imperfect. We mess up. We miss the mark. It happens over and over again. Do you know what else happens over and over again? God’s love and compassion. His mercy never fails. His patience is neverending. Oh, how grateful I am for that! He knew what all of my failures would be, and He chose me anyway. He was aware of all your future mistakes, and still, He chose you.


You are chosen.


You are not a mistake. You were meant to be the parent of that child, the leader of that group, the speaker of that truth, the receiver of those gifts. Fill in the blank with whatever you are feeling unworthy of. I’ve told you before- Because the Lord is in you, because you have been called, YOU ARE WORTHY. 


In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight. . . “ (Ephesians 1:7-8)


Now, stand up and move forward. Do what He’s called you to do. If you fall, then pick your tail back up and start again. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper