It Wasn't a Conference Call.

“Let’s commit to seeking the Lord’s Plan rather than pursuing the approval of others.” -Karen Ehman

Part of the enemy’s battle for our minds includes causing us to overthink what others may believe or say about us. It’s an effective strategy.

I realized just yesterday, that part of what kept me from doing what God called me to do for so long, was my concern about what others thought of me. It still sneaks up on me from time to time. What if they think I’m not good enough? What if they laugh at me? What if they talk about me behind my back? Like we discussed yesterday, thoughts like that are Satan’s way of holding us back from being who we are called to be. 

But you know what? Sometimes they are not lies. There may be someone who doesn’t believe in us or have any interest in seeing us succeed, but that’s not our problem. What I’ve learned is that it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. It’s not their business.

If God calls you to it, He’ll lead you through it. What He has for you, is for you. Period.

We’ve got to stop letting our fears and insecurities stop us from reaching toward the goals the Lord has placed before us. Ultimately, it’s between God and the one He calls. Of course, He often includes others to help us along the way, but regardless, we must be about our Father’s business. 

“Each of you should continue to live in whatever situation the Lord has placed you, and remain as you were when God first called you...” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭7:17‬

March on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper