When You're Empty

Do you ever feel you have nothing left to give?


I have days like that when I feel like I have nothing of value to give to you all. Sometimes it’s because I’m in a bad mood, feeling exhausted, or perhaps it’s just a day I’m not feeling or hearing the Lord. 


I was feeling a little bit that way last night when I came upon a post by @sethlinaamakye. She explained how sometimes that happens to her, and she made me feel normal and less alone in my experience. 


When you are a person who’s committed to a ministry like this, you want to encourage those who trust you to bring a message each day, but sometimes you can’t find it within you. Maybe some of you feel that way about your families, jobs, friends, or something else you want to give your all.


I am learning that the days I feel I have nothing to give, are often the days I share the most important and meaningful messages because it’s 100% the Lord. There’s nothing left of me to get in the way. 


Often on days like those, I find revival. When I am empty of me, there’s much more room for the Holy Spirit to fill me back up with the good stuff. I don’t need to lament. I don’t need to feel guilty. I just need to allow Him in - allow Him to speak through and for me.


When I’ve are empty or feel broken is when the Lord does His best work. 


It’s one of the perks of being His child. He’ll pick up the pieces and put them back together in a way that’s even more beautiful than we can imagine.


So today, I want to remind you that it’s okay if you feel you have nothing left to give. It’s okay if your best is broken into pieces. Rest. Listen.  Allow Him to take time to rearrange your pieces and put them back together. Allow the Lord to fill you up. He’ll do it. 


He sees you. He knows your pain. He feels your emptiness. Raise your hands in surrender and let Him work.


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper