About Afghanistan…


For many of us, Afghanistan is barely real. Some of us know it’s real because we’ve lost love ones to the country, whether physically or mentally. 


Many Christians in this country feel we’ve been “persecuted” because of our beliefs. Those who feel “oppressed” because we’ve been ridiculed for standing up for what we believe to be right.  I can’t adequately express how much that frustrates me. 


Most of us have no idea what it feels like to be persecuted.


Take a moment to think about the Christ-followers in Afghanistan. The Afghan church is one of the fastest-growing churches in the entire world. What we have seen is that persecution grows the church.


That is the opposite of what is happening in our country. 


The Taliban has a hit list of many Afghan people they know to be Christians, and they are taking them out one by one. Some have chosen to flee, and others refuse to leave their homes. They refuse to deny Jesus. They would rather die. 


Oh, how that convicts my heart. Am I willing to die for my faith, for my Jesus? Are you? 


How far are we willing to go to share the life-giving message of our Savior? Most of us can’t even handle a negative comment from people we don’t know on the other side of a screen. It’s time to check our hearts and where our allegiance lies. So many are willing to fight for a flag, but when it comes to fighting for the love of Christ, we often fall short. 


I hope and pray for a revival in our churches. I pray for heart changes among God’s people. I pray for the protection of the Christians of Afghanistan. May God bless and protect them. May we each draw genuinely close to our Creator each day. 


“That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” ‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:10‬ 


How have the Christians in Afghanistan impacted you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper