How Am I Going To Do This?


Yesterday I was thinking about how hard it is to stay motivated to do what I’ve been called to do when I don’t always know how I’m going to do it.

I thought back to a student I had last semester, I watched him have a temper tantrum when I told him to do an English essay he had been assigned. Yep. He sure did. A 16-yr-old tempter tantrum. All he could focus on was how long it was going to take him to type the words onto the screen of his chrome book. He told me it was too hard, he was a bad writer, and his teacher was “trippin’” 
I had him sit down next to me as I explained to him that if he keeps telling himself that something is too hard, then he’s not going to be able to do it. I told him to change his words to, “This is a lot of work, but I can do it!”

He sat next to me the whole time he worked. He only needed a little help, but not only that, he needed my presence and encouragement which seemed to empower him to complete the assignment.


Sometimes our words, our language changes everything. Proverbs 18:21 says, “The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.”


Whether we realize it or not, our brain processes what comes out of our mouth and reacts accordingly.


If we are focused on ourselves, and what WE can or cannot do, we completely miss the blessings that come from acknowledging and accessing the power that God has given us through His Holy Spirit.


There are situations that seem impossible, and in reality, may be near impossible for us to do alone, but nothing is impossible to God!


He is always with us, and if we read His word and listen to how He speaks to our hearts, we will find the encouragement and power He always has for us.


May you be encouraged today knowing that you are not alone. Your Creator adores you, and can’t wait to walk you through your journey.


“I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.” —Ephesians‬ ‭1:19-20‬ ‭


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper