I Can't.

 I’m struggling to give you a message today. 


I have so much on my mind, but I’m tired and emotional. 


I want to talk to you about Afghanistan, but I’m not ready. I want to tell you how God is doing AH-mazing things in my life and the lives of my sisters in Christ. I want to tell you that even though the world is super scary and seems to get worse every day, our God remains the same today as He was yesterday and will be tomorrow. 


I want to remind you to BE the church—A Christ-following, life-giving, people-loving church. We’ve got to stop acting like just because we go to church, we are Christians. Simply going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than sitting in a garage makes you a car. 


I want to talk about all of those things today, but I just can’t. Today I ask that you have a serious conversation with God. Ask Him to open the eyes of our hearts and show each of us what He wants us to know. Pray for the Christ-followers of Afghanistan. They are experiencing real persecution.


Today I am also praying for courage, strength, and wisdom. We need it. 


“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper