Deny Yourself


Oh.

Ouch.

How often have we claimed that we were simply “speaking our truth” when saying what we said to that person or posting what we did on social media?

I can’t count the number of times I’ve heard that one of the most important elements in our lives is to be our authentic selves. But what does that really mean? What I know is that my authentic self is the one God created me to be—The one who was created in His image. That other person who makes an appearance when she’s full of herself and running her mouth, is the one who must be denied. 

“My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” ‭‭Galatians‬ ‭2:20‬ 

If Christ could die an excruciating death on a cross, sacrificing His life for me and all of my yuck, how could I not sacrifice my ego, my words, and my right to spout my opinion for the sake of His name?

Come on, who’s with me? Let’s lay it all down on the altar. Allow Christ to live in and through each of us. He is after all, THE great authenticator.

He is for us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper