He Saved Your Life Too

On this day, six years ago, the Lord pulled my son Isaiah right out from the grip of death’s hands.

Today, as we reflect on all God has done through his life and near death, I’d like to share some of his words from a message he gave to our church family on May 22 of 2016, exactly seven months after coming home from the hospital.

Today it is for you.

“I love to praise God. The other day my mom asked me why I love to praise God. She asked, “What has He done for you?” I said, “Mom, He saved my life. I mean, c’mon.” But here’s the thing, He’s saved all of your lives every day. Even when we don’t know it. So I want to tell people; Hey, God saved your life too, just in a different way. You should praise Him too. It’s okay that this has happened to me. Isaiah 41:10 says, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”

I love those words from our boy.

 My encouragement for you today is similar and comes from a short excerpt from my book “When God Changed His Mind.”

“In Hebrew, the meaning of the name Isaiah is “The Lord is generous.” This statement is always true, but our circumstances don’t always make it clear. That season for us may have looked the opposite of a life full of God’s generosity, yet I felt He had lavished us with the richest of blessings.

Maybe I was just becoming more aware of what God has always done. I think He may save each of our lives every day. Perhaps Isaiah had been close to death before that night—and I never knew. God is always good. We just don’t always recognize His goodness.”


My prayer for you today is that the Lord opens the eyes of your heart to see His goodness in the midst of every trial. I pray that you find joy, and peace, and hope during these sometimes dark times. No matter what has happened or will happen in your life. Nothing can separate you from His love. Nothing. Hold on tight to that.


He is for you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper