Not Everyone Will Walk With You

Today I want to remind you that not everyone is going to walk with you on your journey, and THAT’S OKAY. Your value is found in the Lord, not in others. Stop looking to them for validation. 


Even now, there are days I struggle to get the voices of naysayers out of my head. Those “friends” who passive-aggressively made me feel I wasn’t enough. . . those “friends” who made me feel that maybe I misunderstood what God was calling me to do or not do. Sometimes it’s even the ones who say nothing at all. 


I still get that weird feeling in my chest when I think of how I want to “show them” that I am more than they thought I was or wanted me to be. But that is straight from the devil. While he’s distracting me with trying to prove my worth to people who aren’t a part of my journey, I’m allowing him to take my eyes off of the road map God has in front of me. If I don’t stay on the path God has set before me, I will miss the blessings He has set just in the right place at the right time. 


It’s also important to know that the Lord will remove or allow people to remove themselves from our lives. It’s okay to let them go. I’m not saying it’s easy. I’m saying to trust God even in your relationships with others. 


I encourage you today, to shake off that need for the approval of others, and cling to the Lord and all of the goodness He has for you. It is so good. Trust Him and His perfect plan for you.


“The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭118:7-9‬ 


His is for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper