I Can't Feel God


Okay, this is hard for me to say right now, and it may be hard for you to know about me.


I can’t feel God.


That’s weird, right? It’s weird to me too, but I must admit that sometimes I go through this. As I was thinking about what to share with you today, I thought to myself, “I have nothing. How can I tell them that I don’t feel anything?”  I then felt God speaking to my spirit, telling me to just give it to you straight. And that, as always, I’m not the only one. 


So what do we do when we don’t feel God?


The benefit I have when going through this kind of thing is a foundation of faith. It doesn’t matter how I FEEL; it’s about what I know. I know that God is good. I know that I can trust Him. I know that I can look to his Word for guidance. I know that His Word is alive and active in me. I know that I will feel Him again. 


It’s really nice to be on that spiritual high when we have all the feels, but reality is that it’s not always going to be about emotion. Feelings come and go, and also, they are deceiving. So, we must stand on God’s promises. We must hang on to what we know of Him. Even when I can’t feel Him, I know He’s there. Deuteronomy 31:8 says, “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”


I believe Him.


“God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” Numbers‬ ‭23:19‬ ‭


Today I encourage you, regardless of how you feel, to never give up hope. You may not feel your Creator right now, but I hope you know that He is still there. He loves you, and He’s waiting for you. Nothing can separate you from His love.


He is for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper