Leave it Behind


As you head into the weekend, I encourage you to leave as much as you can where it is. Leave behind the fear, the discouragement, the drama. Look forward to a time of refreshment and a press of the reset button. Find a quiet place… any quiet place, to reconnect with your Creator. If the weekend is a time when you must stand up to fight a difficult battle, I have a prayer for you. As you pray, remember that no matter what—

The Lord is for you.


Dear Heavenly Father,


I face situations and decisions.

It’s complicated and dense.

I feel confused and lost. 

Can you help me?

Can you show me the light? 

First of all, oh Lord,

calm my heart. 

Let me know that my peace 

depends upon you alone. 

No matter how things turn out, 

with you at the center of my life, 

I will stand. I will survive. 

May your spirit keep me balanced. 

Lord show me your will. 

Let my mind and heart be open

to what best serves truth and life. 

Give me courage

to do what’s right. 

Show me your Word. 

Reveal it to my heart, oh Lord. 

And make my conviction strong. 

For when I go to you, 

and you show me your will, 

the blessing is guaranteed. 

It may not be easy, 

it may take time, 

but upon Christ, I stand firm. 


In Jesus name, 

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper