Look Down

As many of us take the last few days of the year to make plans for 2022, I would like to remind you—to remind us, that it’s important not to focus on the past, and not to worry about the future.


You are not defined by your past mistakes. You are not defined by your failures. You have been created for a specific purpose. Stand in that knowledge and move forward, trusting that God will provide instructions for each next step.


Sometimes we get so caught up in the past and worry about the future that we miss where God has placed us or where He has allowed us to be.


Sometimes I get so worried I’m going to mess up just like I did before, and that I’m going to miss the blessings God would have given me if I had done everything right. Has anyone else thought like that?


Well, He doesn’t work that way. 


His mercies are new every morning. He has very specific plans for each one of us, and He will rearrange the universe to help us get where He wants us to be.


Will you say something out loud with me?


“I will not focus on what went wrong in 2021. I will not worry about 2022. The Lord is already there making away for me. I can look forward to the future because His plans are perfect. He is for me.”


“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:18-19‬ ‭‬‬


Blessings. ❤️

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper