Just Tell Them How You Feel.

Friends, I come to you today tired.


I have been very busy, and to be honest, I don’t like to be busy. I like to sit and think. Some days I don’t know what to share with you and today was one of those days. But I felt God saying like He often does, “Just tell them how you feel.”


Okay. So, I feel like I always fall short and mess up in some kind of way. It makes me afraid to take chances sometimes and makes me self-conscious. The evil one constantly reminds me that I’m not perfect. When given wonderful opportunities, my first thought is, “They think I’m someone else. I can’t do that!” I am not giving all my friends everything they need from me and they probably think I’ve abandoned them. 


The list could go on for a while, but you get the idea. Although I struggle with the fatigue of those thoughts sometimes, the Lord very quickly replaces them with the truth. Maybe you can benefit from what I’m beginning to understand.



-All I can do is the very best I can do. 

-I am not responsible for everyone’s thoughts and reactions.

-I cannot be all things to all people.

-I might mess up, but that’s okay. Humans mess up. I am human, therefore not perfect.

-Nobody likes “perfect” people anyway.

-I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

-I can do anything through Christ who gives me strength.

-Whatever comes my way, I can handle, because Christ gives me strength.

-There is a time for every season. One season at a time.

-Miracles still happen.


-I know I’m SOMEBODY, ‘cause GOD don’t make no junk!


I always loved that last line. I think my younger brother had a t-shirt that said that on it. Even though it was his, it always made me feel special.


So, there you have it. The meanderings of my brain.


Maybe you have thoughts like I do. Maybe you need to be reminded of who you are. Maybe someone else does too.


Psalm 139:13-18 says, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!”


You see my friends—He is for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper