Sometimes They Look Different


Last night I shared my story with a group, of the experience I had six years ago when I almost lost my son Isaiah to a severe brain hemorrhage. We talked about miracles. Many times we think of miracles as huge unexplainable occurrences that happen in times of trouble. Those are obvious, right? Some miracles happen around us each day that we don’t even notice because maybe they’re so small in our minds that they don’t count.


There was a point when I didn’t know if my son would live or die. When I could see that he was going to live, I decided that God was going to perform the miracle of perfect healing. I believed that He was going to heal Isaiah to the point where he would be even better mentally and physically than he was before. I believed he would walk out of that hospital and onto the football field, then more than likely onto the NFL because he was going to be THAT kind of miracle.


Sometimes miracles don’t look like what we think they will.


The Lord sees the whole picture, so He is the one who orders our steps (Psalm 37:23). He has miracles planned for our lives we could never imagine. 


 Isaiah wears a leg brace and walks with a limp. He has no peripheral vision to the right, and he can’t do a whole lot with His right hand. He is 100% what God wants him to be. He is a miracle. The miracle I see in him each day is the joy he carries with him regardless of his circumstances or shattered dreams. The miracle I see in him is how he inspires me and thousands of other people to know that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. The miracle I see is that out of a very difficult time, came a fulfilling ministry where I get to pour into others through words of encouragement each day. The miracle I see is a book that I pray will help others see God in a way that will change their minds about who He is.


Do you know what other miracle I see? 


YOU. 

 

You are a living, breathing, beautiful miracle from God. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you’ve done, or how much you’ve been through. You are God’s perfection. He loves you more than you could possibly imagine. Nothing can separate you from that love. Nothing.


He is for you.


Thank you for being here with me (and Isaiah) on this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper