His Thoughts Are Nothing Like Ours

This picture of Isaiah was taken 12 days after his brain surgery in the PICU. He was just beginning physical therapy. In this picture, I see pain, frustration, sadness, anger, etc. I see a kid who just couldn’t understand why this happened to him. He wanted his life back.

This picture represents so many of us, as we feel the pain and the frustration of a life we never expected.

Recently, I’ve had some people share with me that, unlike our story, and my book title, God didn’t change His mind in their situation.

Maybe some are wondering why Isaiah was allowed to live, and their son/daughter/loved one wasn’t.  Why must they endure that pain each day?  I often wonder the same thing for others.  The scripture that comes to mind when pondering why God allows the things he does is Isaiah 55:8-9.  It says,

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD.   “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.  For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

That is still so hard to grasp. 

There are a couple of things we should focus on. God’s love for us is limitless, and His plans are far greater than ours.

Can good things come out of tragedy? Yes. I believe that inside of our pain, we can find healing and growth. It doesn’t look the same for everyone, and it often takes much longer to find than we would like.

I don’t believe God makes bad things happen, but He does allow them. He sees the big picture and is more creative than we can imagine. He is able to use any situation for our good and His glory. He doesn’t waste our pain.

Isaiah still struggles with some things, but through his struggle, a light of joy breaks through, becoming a beacon of hope for so many.

I pray that your burdens become lighter as you trust God enough to hand them over to Him. Or maybe you need to throw them. That’s okay too. 😉

God has a plan for you. He plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

He is for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper