It's Heavy


I heard a song one day, called God Will Turn It Around.

As I listened to the lyrics, I realized that I, along with many of you, believe that He can, but don’t really believe He will. We ask Him because we know we’re supposed to, but will then take a position of suffering, preparing for the worst. It’s a defense mechanism. If you’re like me, you don’t like to be disappointed. So we protect ourselves from it. But if we could practice trusting Him and living out of a place of victory, we would find so much more peace and joy in this life.

I will often try and take on what I consider to be smaller issues, by myself. I don’t want to  “bother” God with them.

I know I can’t lift boulders, but I can carry pebbles.

The problem is that if I collect too many of those pebbles, they become just as heavy as boulders. If I would just trust the Lord with every little thing, I could live free. If I wholeheartedly believed He is who He says He is, I would hand it all over to Him.

“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” -‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-29‬

The fact is that I do believe Him. But not all the time.

Lord help my unbelief.

“I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.  Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.” - Ephesians 3:16-19

He is for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper