Something’s Not Right


There is something that hasn’t been right lately. During the first few weeks of the stay at home order, I felt such peace. I enjoyed the downtime, and didn’t mind only seeing members of my own family each day. 


Today, I am aware of the fact that there is a void, an emptiness I’ve been feeling. I’ve actually felt somewhat paralyzed. That psychological paralysis has me in a place where I have very little motivation to read the Bible, and I often even forget to talk to God. It’s a strange place to be. 


Though I don’t always feel like it, I need people. I need hugs. I need to sit and have coffee with my girlfriends. Relationships are where we often find God. He created us to desire an intimate relationship with Him, and we often find it through His people. We need each other.



I feel like the isolation many of us have experienced lately is part of the evil one’s plan, so we must combat it by strengthening our relationship with our Creator. There are all kinds of issues pulling us in every which way, making life really confusing at times.


During this time when many of us are unable to and miss spending time with others, we can take this opportunity to spend more time with God. Take advantage of this freedom of time by getting to know Him. Build a relationship with Him like you’ve never had before. He is the only thing that could ever truly satisfy that need. The outflow of that relationship should be the ability to focus on loving each other well. Get creative. Figure out the various ways you can show your love for your fellow human. It’s good for your health., and it’s good for your relationship with God.


“Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,” -‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:1-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper